With that I will give you my list of why you should read my book, Altering Authority (or any book by a local author for that matter).
- Each time you purchase a book, Amazon bumps it up a little bit on a list. When it gets so far, they will help you promote for free.
- Authors make very little commission from books. Its not glamorous. It doesn't make us more successful. What it does do is give us a little extra income (In the long run) for the little things like helping out with my daughters braces or going toward the cover for book two.
- We work REALLY hard writing that book. The road to publishing is a long one. There is the jot notes, the writing, the editing (So much editing), the proof reading, the cover designing, the formatting (So much formatting) and then the publishing. Don't even get me started on promoting!
- Publishing It's scary! Putting yourself out there in the world for EVERYONE to criticize is daunting and there is always going to be someone to criticize. I know that Altering Authority is far from grammatically correct but nonetheless, there it is. It kind of feels like you've just eaten an amazing turkey dinner, stuffed yourself silly with it because you've been waiting all year for it and then you were forced to go stand outside naked and let everyone discuss your girth. Sometimes people are nice and they will see only the good in you (Thank God this seems to be the case so far with my book). Lots of the time people will see where you are lacking and feel obligated to comment on it. Shitty, right?
- Reading is fun! You get to imagine your own world, put yourself in someone else's shoes. Like George R.R. Martin said, "A reader lives a thousand lives. The man who never reads lives only one."
- There's nothing good on TV right now anyways. Sons of Anarchy is over, Game of Thrones, The Originals, Agents of Shield are all done for the season. What else is there?
- Positive reviews are AMAZING! Imagine giving birth to a baby. Taking said baby out into the world to show off because you are so proud of this thing you've created, this part of you that you worked so hard to conceive and everyone grimacing at it, telling you its not good enough. You'd be crushed! Now, imagine people telling you how exceptional, fun, beautiful and amazing this baby is. Its a high unlike no other! The same goes for reviews.
- Walmart, Chapters and Indigo make loads of money! Buy from amazon and, like I said in number two, you're helping out a person directly.
- You could learn something new! Like how to have sex in a bathtub or prison cell! How long it would take someone to pass out after having their fingers cut off or what color scrubs inmates wear in California. Truly invaluable information.
- You get to have an affair, without having an affair. Lets be honest. You've thought about Charlie Hunnam, Travis Fimmel and Jason Momoa doing filthy things to you. Now imagine those images in your head, already thought out for you! It's the guilt-free, lazy way to cheat, without the guilt. Aside from that, you're husband will love you more for it because at the end of each of those steamy chapters, you'll need somewhere to take out your... frustration? Elation?
You're welcome ladies, but don't touch. They're mine... All three of them. Buy my book and I'll share... Maybe.